Monday, July 2, 2012

Glacier Gorge and the CO

It would be poetic if the water flowed down from Glacier Gorge to form the headwaters of the Colorado River.  Unfortunately, I think the Continental Divide is actually a few ridgelines west.   What the hell.  We'll pretend.  That serene scene would form(s) the dueling backdrops of two very fun days I've enjoyed recently.  I spent long hours under amazing skies, little to do but Pay Fucking Attention.

Glacier Gorge is the canyon behind Long's "Keyhole" up in Rocky Mountain National park, while Pumphouse is a canyon carved by the Colorado River in its hurry to feed hungry trout.  These are paradise locations for climbing and fishing, and with great friends along, I can't think of a better way to live my life.  I'm so lucky to get to head out into places like this:



Dave and I are headed up to Fremont Canyon to celebrate our 4th of Hades.  Hopefully down near the water, the world will feel more temperate.  We'll get in some trad climbing and fishing, and hopefully I'll bring back some photos.


No comments:

Followers