Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busted by Mom

I was on the phone with my Mom this morning when she chided me for a need to write another post. I know, I know, sorry Ma, I've been slacking. She also told me about her dream where the Mormon Church was angry at my Pagansim, and in righteous retribution, ripped my toenails out ala Syriana. Tough start.
I don't think I have a story in me this morning, so I'm just going to rant for a bit.

Things have been busy lately. Eli got married, Kate moved back to Boulder, and I started a GMAT prep course. Wow. To sum:
Eli and Brianna got married up in Lyons, and the night ended up being a blast. I was slightly nervous about the prospect of an entire clan of Philadelphians (Eli's clan) getting bombed on the sidelines while everyone else became too scared to dance, less they risk the infamous wrath of Eagle/Flyer/76'er/Phillies fans. As things turned out, there was enough young blood pulsing with just the right amount of booze to get the crowd dancing, and the reception ended up being memorably fun. The outside ceremony was a bit hot for tuxes in full sun, but we slipped back inside ASAP and avoided sun stroke. Now those two are off in St Lucia on their honeymoon.

Kate is back! Solid development for both of us, and things seem like they are going well. I am going to be as forward thinking as my Neanderthal brain will allow, and keep most of the details of our relationship out of the public realm of the internet. For now, suffice it to say, things are going great. We've been up on a fantastic hike around Fern Canyon, had a day on the bikes, a few days climbing, and are headed to Rifle this weekend. Sounds like the same old us.

And the wheels of personal and intellectual development have begun to shake free their rust and sand, prompting me to consider going back to school. Knowing that I would need a sincere hang holding to complete the required study effort for any entrance exam, I signed up for a prep course. My dad even helped me out with some of the cost, so I've got no excuse to slack. Speaking of, I better get back to it.
But one last thing: A big thanks to Jesse and Dan for the tutelage. I have just solved the Rubik cube for the second time. I really think it is going to help me on the GMAT. Maybe?

No comments:

Followers