Monday, February 23, 2009

Beauty Regiment

There's been a big development back on the ranch. On a recent trip to Target, Kate and I were looking for a vacuum and assorted other household goods when shampoo and conditioner jumped into our cart. They weren't for her, these were American Crew men's grooming products, capable of turning even the most foul beast into a walking batch of sexy. Here I am.

My mom said that the whole "not washing your hair thing" was going to turn out like the whole "sagging your pants thing," and basically amount to a public disgrace attributable to youthful stupidity. I don't know if its sad that I'm making analogous mistakes to when I was in eighth grade, but I do know that its not my fault that society at large failed to recognize genius when it was upon them. In an effort to find my next batch of, ahem, unique behavior, I'm moving on with pants at my waist and curly hair that doesn't smell like a campfire from November.

So with clean locks, I headed out to Indian Creek again last weekend. We didn't have a photographer in tow, so I guess I'll just have to rely on words to get things across. In perhaps the most startling action of the trip, I was awakened at about 2:30 one evening/morning/whatever, 'cause I was sound asleep by a curious pony. I was pulling the old "under the stars" routine again, because the sky was beautiful and there were no calls for precip, but a remuda swung by after I'd drifted off and nosed around my carcass. I was hunkered down against the cold air, but when I felt my legs pushed softly and a sort of snort, I snapped awake and jolted in my sleeping bag. Gladly, the 12 hooves that went clattering didn't land on me as the horses went in all directions.

The rest of the night was spent lightly turning about, keeping a lookout for marauding beasts, domesticated or otherwise. Needless to say, I felt less than fully rested the following morning.
No matter, because the climbing was, once again, out of this world. We had great weather, met up with a whole crew of guys I know from Rifle, and released enough carbon into the air via our bonfire so as to irreversibly speed global warming. Good times! I'm trying to plan our next trip as we speak, hopefully with Kate and Dacks along for the ride.

Dacks? I didn't tell you? Kate is getting a puppy. I really should post some pics of the little guy. Maybe I'll get that done this afternoon.

No comments:

Followers