Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bundle of Joy
















Life is about to change. If I think hard about it, life is always about to change...we're getting older, the economy is collapsing all around us, the odometer keeps rolling upwards, but those subtle realities aren't the point right now. This guy's the point.

And he's headed this way, E.T.A. is Friday at 6 PM or so. Climbing shoes and ropes have been placed on higher shelves, the Homeland Security Alert Level has been set to Red (terrorist attack imminent) and hatches have been battened. Hopefully, our boy Dacks here is as good as he is cute, with shoes on feet and out of his jaws.

I'll admit, if Kate was going to be getting a dog, I was pushing for a yellow lab instead of black, but given the "hey, I'm lovable, too" face that this guy appears to be capable of making, I'll survive. My family's first dog was a sauntering yellow lab named Ben, and nostalgia had me pining for a redo. I'm gearing up for an entirely new adventure, though, starting in just a few days.

The initial plan is to make sure Dacks isn't cramping any outdoor style, and to get him initiated to climbing areas. We're hoping for a great crag dog who is fully capable of lying down and chilling out when either Kate or I are climbing. I think we both know, deep down in the murky brain plaque, that we might get a foaming-at-the-mouth, barking, snarling monster, but we've both got enough faith in the Dog Whisperer and his ability to train trainers so as to shine a ray of hope.

Voeyuers, meet a new character.

2 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

In your neverending quest to be just like John...

Patrick Pharo said...

You Swine!!!!!

Followers