Thursday, October 28, 2010

Red Report

Kentucky is, odd to say, kind of lonesome right now. I've misjudged the arrival time of my friends from Salt Lake (they get in at this end of THIS week, not last) and, as such, have had to scramble a little. The good news is that I was able to climb at The Dark Side with Erin and her boyfriend Kennan, who used to live in Boulder and have since moved to Stanton, KY. Then I got a half day at The Motherlode with my buddy Thomas, a medical student up in Lexington.

The climbing partners haven't been the problem. The nights hanging in the van, reading or talking on the phone, but either way, wishing my buddies were out here, have been sort of long. But the good news is that it looks like the SLC crew arrives tomorrow, and Josh is out this weekend.

The van is working really well. I've realized some small details that might make things way easier. A cargo net here, a shelf there. But basically, I'm camped in total comfort. I might make a trip to Wal-Mart to see about a net, but let's be honest...I may stay for the people watching.

As for projects, I haven't been able to get up to try Table of Colors again, but I did get on a couple of other harder climbs that should keep me intrigued. It looks like I have really good weather lined up, so after my rest day today, it looks like I'll get to totally enjoy the fall here.

1 comment:

IhateregisteringASDF!!! said...

Keep me in the loop about your ideas for your van. I might copy them!

Followers