Tuesday, June 24, 2008

anarchitectitude

Ugh, finally!
I got up this morning at 5 so my buddy Dan and I could get down to Clear Creek before each of us had to work today. Good God that's early.
We were at the wall by 6, and had some really cool weather to greet us. He and I warmed up and then went to work on Anarchitect, a route I've been trying to send since before I went to Greece. My arms felt like hell, given all the time I've been in Rifle and my complacence in working my antagonist muscles, and on my first burn I fell at the first bolt. Things weren't looking good at all. On my second burn, I managed to make it to the third bolt (of 8) before I lobbed off the wall.

On my third and final burn, with the day creeping on and work calling, I slowed things down and managed to keep it together long enough to make it through the high crux and finish the route, putting the project to bed before I head back to NY for Katie. Psyched on both counts!

Now I'm back at the office, working on a few projects and wishing I could take a nap. Getting up at 5 just doesn't feel as good as sleeping in to a more civilized hour.

I'll attribute the send to my sister Megan, who threw down a fantastic dinner last night of grilled veggie pizza, followed up by a little Glacier Ice Cream on the Hill. She and I were laughing about how nice it was to spend some time on the porch, drinking wine and catching up. It will be great when we can get into the double date themed porch nights, too. Life is going along pretty well, save for the fact that there is remarkable acrimony in the Pharo house given my blog posts about Greece. I'm super frustrated by the whole thing.

No comments:

Followers