Friday, June 20, 2008

Stranded in Meeker

Eli just called so we could finalize the plans for the weekend. He is on the docket to get married in July, so we are going to do our best impression of a bachelor party in our pseudo mountain-man style this weekend. A group of us are headed up to Independence Pass for a few days of camping, hiking, climbing and beer drinking. The word from Bri, his wife-to-be, was to eliminate the strip clubs, so the wildest we might get is a dinner down in Aspen. Don't spend too much time tuned into the police blotter, I imagine we'll remain pretty tame.

Originally, the plan was for me to get to the camp site early and stake our claim, with the rest of the team arriving later in the afternoon. My schedule already had me on the Western Slope, with work meetings on Friday morning keeping me busy until just after breakfast. The timing was looking good, until I got to the Planing Department. The guy I was meeting with hadn't come into the office yet, and calls to his home came up empty. I gave the office manager my cell number and headed to the one place in Meeker I could count on for wireless - the public library. Lately, I'm having great luck with podunk WiFi.

The office manager called me back, and told me that Jeff and I could meet at 2. So here I am, hanging out and reading about Israel threatening Iran with military strikes, thinking that I'll be a touch later than originally planned. Oh well, we're still on for dinner in Aspen.

No comments:

Followers