Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mailbag Precursor

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've got an idea for the blog. In the past, I've asked some of you to come up with topics of your choosing, and I'd write about them. Now, I'd like to emulate a writer I follow and do a post where I answer readers' emails. I want questions, statements, random observations from day to day life...whatever. Email me at patrick.pharo@gmail.com and put "Blog Mailbag" in the subject header. I'll publish a post with the highlights soon (or, if no one writes in, I'll just make stuff up and attach your names anyway). Check back often.

If you're feeling a little uneasy, or unsure of what to write about, I'd like to assure you that I am putting ZERO constraints on this. Think performance art. That being said, I once heard a story about a performance artist who got onstage, took out a pistol, and shot himself in the arm. On second though, I'm putting one constraint on this little reader contest. I'm not going to enact bodily harm upon myself, no matter how many of you maniacs write in to tell me otherwise.

I just want to get a little reader interaction, and see what happens. I'll answer questions, publish stories and my reactions to them, and in some way try to come up with a theme for the mailbag. As Kate asked, "who reads your blog? And how many people?" I guess this way we'll find out. I told her it was about 8 souls.

No comments:

Followers