Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Comcast is Choss

Choss: Bad rock, unsuitable for climbing.
The first time I heard anything other than rock described as "choss", John Wallace was speaking in reference to Fish Oil that wasn't molecularly distilled. When the term "choss" can be transferred from limestone to extracted fats from tuna, I'm firmly supportive. Bear in mind, I've seen John, dressed in an argyle sweater vest, nearly get into a fist fight with some poor sap who brushed against John's Audi that was parked at the Ruckman Cave. He's unpredictable, but provocative.
Anyway, Kate and I have been trying to get this house phone set up, but it has become an exercise in near comic ineptitude on the part of Comcast. We've had multiple people to the house to try to get it fixed, but so far, the best we can do is call out and speak with someone for about 40 seconds before the line goes dead. Where are we? Baghdad? Hey, Comcast, I asked our president elect if we can get this thing straightened out. His response? "Yes we can!" You have an executive mandate to hustle up.

Speaking of Mr. Obama, WOW! Oddly, some of my readers are actually loyal McCain fans, so I'll respect their defeat and temper my reaction.
I had a serious fear that a shadow element of Americana was going to vote strictly on race, leaving the Republican party in power on the "principle" of bigotry alone. Enough stories were coming out of battleground states that featured startlingly overt racism that I began to worry that America was still in the midst of some aspect of the civil war. Even if those feelings influenced some voters, it was a fringe bloc that doesn't deserve much attention any more.
Also, I feel like politics have taken this wild twist where debate isn't really an option, and the other side begins to represent the antichrist to one constituency or the other. I'm don't like this development. I'd like to be able to talk to conservatives without feeling like a Johnny Wallace fistfight was about to ensue. We're to the point where even a rational explanation of a voter's position instigates boiling blood on the other side. Maybe it's always been this way, and I'm just getting old enough for some level of consciousness to take hold.
Regardless, I'm really excited to see how this turns out. I think Obama has the potential to be the next FDR, bringing back the American hegemon. On the other hand, he could be the next Carter, where our economy crumbles, fiscal incentives are skewed, and the Chinese legally own us by 2020 . I don't see any middle ground potential. I happen to believe he'll end up as the former, so he got my vote. This does, regardless of the outcome, feel like we're witnessing events on par with the most important times in America's history.
So, Mr. Obama, you can start getting this ship righted by fixing my phone. I gotta call my mom.

4 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I would like to apologize for troubles you are experiencing with our company.

I decided to leave a comment so that I can offer my assistance in resolving the issue with your phone service.

Please send me your best contact number as well as the phone number on the account so that I can assist further.

Thanks for sharing this post. I appreciate the opportunity to assist.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

H said...

I'm don't like it either!

H said...

I'm don't like it either!

H said...

Also, is that really a comcast employee, or am I being duped again like when Ed McMahon told me I was RICH!!!! Hi-Yooooooo. Anyway, if so your blog has blown up! I can't wait to say I was here first.

Followers