Monday, January 5, 2009

The Return of the Gangsta

I am going to guarantee that Mama Sus would have better odds of beating world champion Dan Knights in a Rubik Cube cube-off than getting the reference to either Andre 3000 or Big Boi. But either way, I fancy myself a gangsta, and I'm back.

Now that I'm here, where do I go?

First place I go is to Sorryville. It's the capital of my local province, and I'm the mayor. An official, legally elected gangsta? Hell, it worked for the state of Illinois. I'm the mayor of Sorryville because I left my loyal blog-followers and went derelict in my posting responsibilities. I needed a recharge, I needed a drunken midnight countdown, I needed a rest, and I needed $300,000 from any candidate who wanted to ask me to do my duty. I got 3 out of 4, but at least I didn't get impeached. "Enough with the bullshit metaphor" the loyal readership screamed.

And as for the loyal readership, I think you all need a nickname. How about we hold a contest. Scroll to the bottom of the blog, and there will be a poll. Winning nickname reigns supreme, and will live in cyber-infamy until this blog is taken down by the good folks at Google (they own blogspot, don't ya know) out of common decency and good taste. Fuckers.

So to recap, and just the facts, man. I am going to start the recap with an apology to my friend Kate Klonick from New York. I may or may not have been on the East Coast for a few days over the New Year, and I may or may not have gotten in touch with her. I guess that means that if I was, in fact, out East, I either apologize for making her hear my nasal, self-centered voice while we caught up, or I apologize for not calling her with my nasal, self-centered voice to catch up. Either way, it's lose lose.

New Years in Burlington, VT was a riotious good time spent with my girlfriend, my two great friends, and each of their respective wives. We were at Ethan's place, and were witness to a great feat of modern science. Vermont nearly fell prey to the theoretical reality of 0 degrees Kelvin. Kate and I tried to take a walk in homage to feeling overstuffed during the holiday season, but could only make it one block before we turned around and went back for more food and wine. Mercifully, inside of Dr. Blackburn's house were enough supplies to keep us from freezing to death. To put it lightly, it was Arse-Cold up there.

Now I'm back, Colorado is beautiful, and I was at the climbing gym with the lady friend today. Work has fired back up, the fingers are finding their rightful place on the keyboard, and I'm salivating at the thought of a ski or climbing trip in the next few days. Good to be home.

Now go vote! I'll talk to you again soon (I promise).....'cause I have a few things I need to talk about.

First: The 2009 Resolution to write some more serious essays, and what that means to you.
Second: The tale of Maria Victoria and her glass eye, missing teeth, and how I recommended to my sister Reilly that she board with this old witch in Madrid.
Third: A little blog post called "What in the holy name of Baby Jesus am I doing with my life"
Fourth: Are we going to get another mailbag going?

No comments:

Followers