Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday

Double! I got in a bouldering session, and some yoga. A solid Friday, if I might be so bold.
Also in the double category is Hans' suggestion about some sort of hugely unhealthy bacon wrapped sausage concoction that consists of about 5 million times the recommended daily allowance of saturated fat and cholesterol. It's a double, because he's already mentioned that I write about it, and I'm basically denying it for the second time.

A quick update on the mutt: He's so goddamn adorable that it's impossible to get mad at him for anything. I feel like one of those dipshit, hovering parents who fawn all over their kids and assumes that the little snotface can do no wrong. He bites my pants, and absconds with my favorite footwear, and I can hardly muster the stones to reprimand the little guy. We're moving towards sleeping through the night, but with a bladder that is still roughly the size of a marble, he's got limited time available for holding it.

The weekend is looking like Saturday's weather is headed south, so I think we're going to clean things up around here and do some work that got pushed back in order to enjoy the double session Friday. Breakfast with the couple we used to live with is also on the menu, and long overdue since we left their place in SoBo. We're hoping to meet Jen and Simone at the SouthSide Cafe and throw down on a huge plate of eggs before we have to get back to the chores. Thankfully, I don't think Kate or I have reached the point in Old School where Will Farrell is explaining how he's got a big day planned: "headed to Home Depot, maybe Bed Bath & Beyond, but who knows if they'll have time."

And I'll wrap it with this...
I've got some Crystal Method playing in the background. Rob C. gave me this CD, and in lauding it's techno content, gave me only one piece of advice: don't ski with it on the iPod, 'cause I'll hurt myself.
Megs and Kate and I were at Vail two weeks ago, and I defied the music gods and threw it on. I love skiing to music, but unfortunately, Rob proved to be pretty close to clairvoyant. I was skiing really well all day, racing around the back bowl and plowing through some shin deep new snow on my new big sticks. After lunch, we returned to the front to end the day on some groomers, and that's when the Crystal Method started urging me on. I was raging around and pushing big GS turns on mellow groomers, but aparently forgot how much clutch I'd used up during the morning's big push.
I was coming off of Chair 4 and rolling down Christmas towards Mid Vail when I saw a group of about 6 people stopped in the middle of the run. Four of them made up one little cluster, and about 10 feet away, the other two were chatting and catching their collective breath. I, like an unforgivable jackass, thought I'd be cool and ski between the groups at about 120 miles per hour, "Get busy time!" bouncing around my helmeted skull.

Thank god I was wearing a helmet. Just after I passed the groups, one of my skis hooked an edge on a mogul, and I ATE SHIT. I needed to capitalize that just for effect, but what I really wish I had the ability to do was show video. Sadly, none exists. But after I caught my edge, I spun basically around and then did a full Herman Maier. The music was still raging, so instead of standing around and listening to their taunts and angry shouts to slow down and get it under control, I just shook the cobwebs out from behind my eyes and saw their mouths open and shut with nothing but drum and base coming out.

Day one of Blogcast week is in the books!

1 comment:

H said...

I merely mentioned the bacon concoction again, but was hoping Chris Andersen, AKA the Birdman’s block off Rudy Fernandez’s face would get some play, but I guess you can only blog so much about the Bird…

Followers