Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday

Hump day. Hopefully, Kate's getting over the hump. She's still battling the side effects from all the narcotics after the surgery, and today was a foggy mess, complete with rumbling tummy. We're hoping Thursday is the day she turns the corner.

I ended up getting on the call this morning for the budget meeting with the west slope client. Good news. Nobody got fired, and it looks like I'll be busy during the spring and summer. I like knowing that I'm not out in the cold. Also this spring is a potential trip back to the Red. After my trip out to Kentucky over Halloween, I am PSYCHED at the prospect of a return voyage. Steep sport climbing at its best, and keep in mind, insane pizza after sending.

Otherwise, Kate's mom came into town for some assistance with the patient. In addition to being a huge help with bandage changing, medication administration, and errand running, Susie is an insane cook. She hooked us up with two dinners over the past two days which I'd have gladly ordered at a restaurant, and tomorrow, we're headed to Frasca. I think that's hands down the best restaurant in Denver/Boulder, and I am salivating at the prospect of their menu.

This weekend is already on the agenda, and its looking like the weather is gonna be dodgy at best. I've started working on a new route down in Clear Creek, a squeeze job at the Primo Wall called, ironically, Squeeze Play. My friend Erin just got it done, and I got sold on the idea of trying it myself. There's no way it lives up to the grade that some people give it, but I am excited to have a new project down there. My friend Jesse started working on a great climb called Flying Cowboys, and hopefully we'll have the chance to get down to CCC together and send some routes in the next few trips.

The only thing I've started worrying about is this damn cyst on my left middle finger. I've had a ball of cells between the first and middle knuckle for over a year, and it's come back recently. Over the last few months, it had started to receed to the extent that I was hoping it would be gone for good. Too many days at the BRC, I guess.


That's the end of the ramblings for the night, and I'll

No comments:

Followers